Office fridges are an interesting social experiment on people’s warring definitions of cleanliness, hygiene, and manners. Every day, silent battles are fought in office kitchens over food storage in...
Do your outdoor appliances need more repair and maintenance than your indoor kitchen appliances?
The first thing you should do is to call for an appliances repairman or do the job yourself.
For the proper maintenance of your outdoor appliances and to avoid possible repairs, you have to follow these usable and straightforward tips to make your outdoor kitchen appliances function longer.
The grill maintenance depends on what type of grill you own — from built-in natural gas, down to freestanding charcoal.
When you own a natural gas grill, make sure to turn off the gas, disconnect the propane tank, and follow these maintenance steps:
Inside the Lid
You will need a robust solution in wiping and cleaning the insides of the lid to eradicate clogs; if it did not work, look for more robust solutions designed to remove clogs.
Afterwards, rinse it with hot water and dry it thoroughly.
Cleaning the Exteriors
Use a cloth for wiping the grill’s surface.
Apply detergent and hot water, scrub it using a sponge, then rinse it with water.
Finally, dry it before using it again.
Scrub the interior with a grill brush, then wash the bottom with hot water and dishwashing detergent.
Remove first the food particles, scrub, then wash it with hot water.
Finally, rinse it and then let it dry.
Avoid using pesky cleaning tools that might destroy the coating; instead, use hot water and a strong detergent as this combination is a lot more advisable.
- Remove the burner by unscrewing the knot beneath the foot burner; you can use pliers or screwdriver.
- From the gas valve, lift the burner.
- Use a small brush for cleaning the burner inlet.
- Wipe out the food debris outside the burner surface, and
- Use stiff wire for cleaning clogged pores.
Keep it clean to avoid damage by covering it when not in use.
Also, wipe the cooking surface after every use.
Finally, do not scrub it with steel wool, and clean up acidic food spills right away.
If your refrigerator is for outdoor use, make sure that it is weatherproof so that it can maintain its temperature against the unstable environment.
However, that doesn’t exempt it from possible damages.
You should bring it inside during winter days; they should not reach a temperature of 40 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
During summer seasons, continually wipe the exterior with soapy and hot water.
Also, cleaning the interior is just the same with how you clean indoor refrigerators.
Rinse and dry it properly before putting the food back.
Does your outside dishwasher need more maintenance?
Have these ideas on why and what are the causes of their damages, and it will surely help you in the future.
If you install an outdoor dishwasher, the design must be able to stand the extreme weather and survive washing hard-to-clean dishes.
Winterizing capabilities, weatherproof electronics, and a stainless steel interior and exterior are all a must.
Keeping your Outdoor Appliances safe from Harmful Elements
You cannot just vulnerably leave your outdoor kitchen appliances outside without any cover or protection.
Exposing your kitchen appliances under prolonged sunlight may shorten their life service and may lead you to require repair, extreme maintenance, or even a unplanned replacement.
Follow these simple steps to keep your outdoor devices away from nature’s harmful elements:
- Protect your outdoor dishwasher and refrigerator appliances away from hail damage by installing it under the counter, even if you have a freestanding unit.
- To ready your outdoor refrigerator from winter, clean its insides thoroughly with clean and soapy water.
- Use stainless steel for coating instead of using other outside refrigerator covers which can cause damage to the appliance.
- To make your outdoor dishwasher, sink, and icemaker prepared from the harsh weather of winter, drain the appliances’ water lines so that the pipes will not freeze and apply stainless steel coating for the exterior protection.
- To make your grill winter-proof, clean it thoroughly after use, and cover it to keep the snow off; make sure to use a cover that enables moisture to escape conveniently.
To avoid immense maintenance and more appliance repairs, take the simple and proper guidelines mentioned above to lessen or even evade the cost of maintenance, repair, or replacement of your appliances.
Whether your outdoor or indoor appliances need more maintenance, don’t forget to call A1 Appliance Repair Company to ensure that your appliances will receive proper care, fixed from any problems, and have an extended lifespan.