Office fridges are an interesting social experiment on people’s warring definitions of cleanliness, hygiene, and manners. Every day, silent battles are fought in office kitchens over food storage in...
Stainless steel, in addition, is stylish, elegant, and durable.
It’s heat resistant and corrosive-proof, making it the perfect raw material for our home appliances.
Perfect as it might be, but it’s not scratch-resistant. It can be upsetting to see bruises.
Fortunately, in a very cost-effective and easy way, Stainless Steel Appliance Scratch Removal is here to help you minimize the disturbing scratches.
Who doesn’t want to make their appliances look brand new again, right?
Take A Closer Look At Your Appliance
If you are going to use scratch removal, one essential thing you need to remember is that your appliance should be stainless steel.
Take a look at your appliance and observe if brush marks or grains are on the surface. These grains are the effects of stainless steel processing that are often unpleasant to see.
In removing the scratches, it’s essential to rub it in the grain’s same direction to avoid making the problem worse.
An important note, Do not use the techniques below if your stainless steel has a protective coat added. The following methods only apply to stainless steel appliances.
Let’s head on to read the different methods for removing the scratches for your appliance to look new again!
What You’ll Need
- Microfiber Towel (the softer the towel, the better to prevent from further scratches)
- Non-abrasive powder cleanser
- Sand Paper (Finer and Coarser Grit)
If your stainless steel appliance only has slight scratches, then it’s easy to buff it out by using either a non-abrasive cleanser or toothpaste.
Steps When Using a Non-abrasive Cleanser
- If the cleanser is powder-based, mix it with water to create the same consistency with toothpaste.
- Soak the cloth with water and apply a small amount of paste. Rub the solution back and forth over the scratch, following the grain’s direction.
Note: If you don’t follow the direction, the scratch will worsen.
- Get another clean, damp microfiber cloth to wipe away the residue. Observe if the scratches are gone.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the scratches are gone.
For Toothpaste Method
- Place the toothpaste over the toothbrush and brush the appliance back and forth following the grain’s direction.
- Wipe away the residue by using a damp cloth. See if the scratches are gone.
- Repeat the above steps until satisfied.
We all worry when we see deep scratches on our appliances because it’s visible, old and unfashionable to see.
For scratches that are difficult or almost impossible to remove, don’t worry!
There is a method on how to remove effectively the deep scratches in your appliances.
Brush off those deep scratches now and turn your appliances look brand new again through applying the Sandpaper Method:
- Thoroughly soak the sandpaper into the water.
- Dampen the affected area with water.
- Start sanding the scratch back and forth by applying light pressure. Always follow the direction of the grain.
- See if the scratches are still visible. Use coarse grit sandpaper and repeat the steps above. Don’t get too overzealous when sanding out the scratch or it will worsen the scratches.
- If the scratches are already gone, use the finer grit sandpaper to buff the affected area. Continue sanding the scratches and make sure to blend it out with the rest of the finish.
- When you’re already satisfied with the finish, wipe the area with a wet cloth while still following the grain’s direction.
Regardless whether the scratch on your stainless steel appliance is fine or deep, make sure to apply some finishing touches.
For best results, apply vinegar solution and water to the entire area to eliminate any paste residue while removing the scratches.
Then, to dry the surface, wipe the area with a towel.
For a more polished and brand new look, apply a stainless steel polish or any oil you have in your cupboard.
And that’s it! Once again, your appliance looks new!
To restore the beauty of your appliances, these methods are helpful and cheap.
But, as with all appliances, make sure it functions properly as well.
If the methods above didn’t work, or your appliances have some problems and need some repairs, reach out to professionals.
Save your appliances by hiring experts.
Reach out to A1 Appliance Repairs to receive various services specifically catered to your appliances for maintenance, repair, and installation.
Call our team now to get booked.